You are here
Vacancy for Solutions Architect
|Salary||Grade A, up to £59,733 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates (additional London weighting of £4,800 for those based in our London Office).|
|Location||London, Leeds, Newcastle or Manchester|
|Hours of Work||37 hpw|
|Closing Date:||23 Jul 2019 11:45PM|
Be part of our Digital transformation!
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, demonstrate integrity, work great as part of a team and always strive for excellence in everything they do to help us make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
Let us tell you a little bit about the role....
This role is about translating business thinking into technical designs, ensuring that the solutions are aligned to organisational strategy and objectives as well as Government Digital Service standards.
You’ll ensure a project’s architecture and technical design meets user and business needs whilst conforming to time and budget constraints.
You will thrive using Agile - and other – methods, have a good understanding of ‘service design’ and enjoy working collaboratively with departments and multidisciplinary teams.
In addition to that in the job description some other responsibilities exclusive to this role are;
- Design technical services or plan system integration, selecting and designing necessary platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs
- Provide technical consultancy to product and development teams, ensuring infrastructure is fit for purpose, whilst meeting time and budget restraints
- Build and maintain architectural roadmaps, looking ahead for future opportunities or blockers, and ensuring decisions by development teams align with the strategy
- Work with the Intelligence Directorate to design the architecture and roadmap to support data science and analytical products, services and environments
- Support the design and transition from legacy technologies/brownfield estates to modern, flexible and scalable architectures
- Encourage communication across development teams to identify strategic requirements and dependencies
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing your experiences, e.g. through blog posts, tech talks at conferences
- Enable a positive technical culture, applying agile methods to development and completing quality assurance practices
- Advise Product Managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of current user stories, as well as those in the backlog
- Form relationships with external suppliers
- Help enable the reuse of patterns, tools, and components across the whole Government service landscape
What we're looking for from you...
It is essential you have specialist knowledge in technology, business strategy and operations to deliver a scalable solution supporting CQC.
We also expect you to have advanced theoretical and practical knowledge to apply architectural design to deliver business strategy whilst applying expert understanding across a range of technical disciplines, coding languages and layers in the architectural stack including cloud hosting.
Knowledge of information governance standards and data management and security would be an advantage but most importantly you will have excellent problem-solving and communication skills supported by strong technical skills.
*This is a fixed term contract for 18 months*
Download the documents below for further information
|Candidate Information Pack||Download|
|Job Profile document||Download|