You are here
Vacancy for Solutions Architect
|Salary||Up to £64,733 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates. (Additional London weighting of £4,729 for those based in our London office)|
|Directorate||Customer and Corporate Services|
|Hours of Work||37 hpw|
Salary of up to £64,733 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates. (Additional London weighting of £4,729 for those based in our London office)
Location: Leeds or London
Benefits package includes: holiday allowance of 27 days + bank holidays, NHS Pension Scheme, NHS fleet solutions car lease scheme, Cycle to work scheme, family friendly policies and Childcare voucher scheme/tax free childcare
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th October 2018 at 11:45pm
Be part of our Digital transformation!
The Care Quality Commission is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
We’ve already transformed our organisation, putting the public and best practice at the heart of everything we do. The work continues as CQC is undergoing a significant digital transformation. The Digital directorate will be overseeing delivery of our technology and information management strategy, setting out to overhaul our systems over the next few years. We are looking to strengthen our Digital function to deliver on our business priorities. We will be building new digital, technology and data platforms, solving common challenges once, so that all services work in the same, simple, easy way. These platforms will also make services cheaper and quicker to build and operate, and will make better use of data to drive continuous improvement.
About the Role
Working to the Head of Architecture, the role is about translating business thinking into technical designs, ensuring that the solutions are aligned to organisational strategy and objectives as well as Government Digital Service standards. You’ll ensure a project’s architecture and technical design meets user and business needs whilst conforming to time and budget constraints. You will thrive using Agile - and other – methods, have a good understanding of ‘service design’ and enjoy working collaboratively with departments and multidisciplinary teams. You will be responsible for understanding the end to end vision and translating this into a coherent and consistent logical design. You will be the ultimate technical steward of the information assets and development approach. You will also ensure that the technical design and development roadmap is aligned to and informs CQC’s broader Enterprise Architecture
- Design technical services or plan system integration, selecting and designing necessary platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs
- Provide technical consultancy to product and development teams, ensuring infrastructure is fit for purpose, whilst meeting time and budget restraints
- Build and maintain architectural roadmaps, looking ahead for future opportunities or blockers, and ensuring decisions by development teams align with the strategy
- Work with the Intelligence Directorate to design the architecture and roadmap to support data science and analytical products, services and environments
- Support the design and transition from legacy technologies/brownfield estates to modern, flexible and scalable architectures
- Encourage communication across development teams to identify strategic requirements and dependencies
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing your experiences, e.g. through blog posts, tech talks at conferences
- Enable a positive technical culture, applying agile methods to development and completing quality assurance practices
- Advise Product Managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of current user stories, as well as those in the backlog
- Form relationships with external suppliers
- Help enable the reuse of patterns, tools, and components across the whole Government service landscape
The Solutions Architect plays a unique role in the delivery of CQC’s digital programme and requires considerable experience working at the boundary between business and technology, with exceptional interpersonal skills. It is essential you have specialist knowledge in technology, business strategy and operations to deliver a scalable solution supporting CQC. We also expect you to have advanced theoretical and practical knowledge to apply architectural design to deliver business strategy whilst applying expert understanding across a range of technical disciplines, coding languages and layers in the architectural stack including cloud hosting. Knowledge of information governance standards and data management and security would be an advantage but most importantly you will have excellent problem-solving and communication skills supported by strong technical skills.
For more details on the essential requirements please see the attached job description.
External Candidate Information
• Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
• Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
• We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisations, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.
CQC are currently not able to accept applications from anyone requiring Tier 2 sponsorship because there are currently no Tier 2 vacancies
Job DescriptionThere is no information to display under this section.
Download Full Job Description
|Job Profile document||Download|