You are here
Vacancy for Senior Software Engineer
|Salary||Grade B, up to £44,646 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates (additional London weighting of £4,800 for those based in our London Office).|
|Job Type||Fixed Term|
|Hours of Work||37|
|Closing Date:||23 Jul 2019 11:45PM|
Be part of our Digital transformation!
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, demonstrate integrity, work great as part of a team and always strive for excellence in everything they do to help us make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
Let us tell you a little bit about the role....
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, running and improving web application software as well as writing clean, secure code while following a test-driven approach.
You will plan and lead development on sets of related stories while working with other Digital disciplines to understand what needs to be built and have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others.
You will also be responsible for operating the production services that are built, including maintenance and support while looking for ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability.
What we're looking for from you...
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience developing systems following a microservices architecture, using SQL and NOSQL data stores.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of ASP.net including .NET CORE, MVC and full stack development.
- .NET CORE fundamentals including tag helpers, razor pages and loosely coupled architecture
- Excellent knowledge of C# including Object Oriented techniques and design patterns
- Knowledge and experience of building and documenting Restful API’s
- Good all-round web development experience, including awareness of best practices and standards such as accessibility, usability and web standards
- Experience of delivering web solutions in an integrated environment, with an understanding of how to optimize solutions to gain performance and stability
- Knowledge and experience of automation technology to support continual integration and continual deployment such as Azure DevOps or Jenkins
*This is a fixed term contract for 18 months*
Download the documents below for further information
|Candidate Information Pack||Download|
|Job Profile document||Download|