You are here
Vacancy for Senior QA Engineer
|Salary||Grade B, up to £44,646 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates (additional London weighting of £4,800 for those based in our London Office).|
|Job Type||Fixed Term|
|Hours of Work||37|
|Closing Date:||23 Jul 2019 11:45PM|
Be part of our Digital transformation!
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, demonstrate integrity, work great as part of a team and always strive for excellence in everything they do to help us make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
Let us tell you a little bit about the role....
As an experienced Senior QA Engineer, you will collaborate with DevOps and Software Engineers to write automated tests across various build and release pipelines, review test scripts across environments, write and execute functional and non-functional tests at each level, debug and refactor the test code, measure and report on test activities and defects.
You will also be responsible for educating and supporting the rest of the delivery teams with testing as well as internal and external stakeholders, working with delivery teams to define ‘quality’ while using software development skills applied within a testing context.
What we're looking for from you...
You should be educated to degree level or have an equivalent qualification and experience of QA and testing of enterprise software or cloud-based solutions.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of test automation using test frameworks based on object-oriented programming languages like C# or Java.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of software quality assurance and various types of testing, including but not limited to BDD, functional testing, integration testing, regression testing and system testing.
- Experience of working in cross-functional agile teams and testing web services or web-based applications.
- Experience using a broad range of testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, SpecFlow, BrowserStack, Postman, SoapUI, Protractor.
- Experience of working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Azure DevOps / VSTS / TFS.
Experience of working within a DevOps culture, with continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous deployment of code would be advantageous.
Experience of non-functional testing and tools, such as performance testing using JMeter or Gatling, security testing or accessibility testing would be advantageous.
*This is a fixed term role for 18 months*
Download the documents below for further information
|Candidate Information Pack||Download|
|Job Profile document||Download|