You are here
Jobs at CQC
Senior Commercial Adviser
|Salary||Grade: A - National £49,966 - £59,733 & London £54,648 - £64,415 per annum|
|Directorate||Customer and Corporate Services|
|Job Type||Fixed Term|
|Hours of Work||37|
Senior Commercial Adviser (2 year role)
Grade: A - National £49,966 - £59,733 & London £54,648 - £64,415 per annum
Set new standards of procurement practice.
Here at the CQC, we make sure health and social care services provide people with effective, compassionate and high quality care and encourage services to make improvements. We monitor, inspect and regulate services to ensure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find to help people choose care. Join our committed team to help us deliver our strategic objectives and our vision for the future of quality regulation
About the role
This 2 year secondment opportunity will be based in the Commercial and Contracts Team whose aim is to meet the business needs of a diverse portfolio of internal customers. A key focus on achieving value for money across our different purchasing categories, you'll design, plan and implement commercial and contract solutions on a specific category, this role will also play a key part in re-procuring one of CQC’s high profile contracts for service” Experts by Experience” as well as direct support to the contract owner on the existing contracts. The role will require not only professional excellence but quality communication skills. Stakeholders will look to you for commercial and contract leadership, and guidance in this critical service area. A key challenge will be to develop supply chain models that are transparent, deliver value for money, ensure compliance with commercial regulation and government procurement policy.
The role will provide commercial and contract assurance through risk analysis on individual requirements for complex business critical services together with whole category approaches, which drive value through the supply chain.
A highly experienced commercial and contract specialist, you'll have experience of delivering against public sector procurement regulations in an environment such as the NHS, or central and local government. In particular you'll know how to develop and deliver commercial supply chain solutions, put in place category commercial strategies deploy contract management and carry out financial analysis and ITT evaluations. The ability to wield influence at all levels, from third-party suppliers to senior stakeholders, is essential. You will hold a relevant professional qualification such as MCIPS or equivalent.
- In your Supporting Statement please address the following topics:
- Why am I suitable for this role?
- How will I demonstrate professional leadership?
- My approach to stakeholder engagement?
Closing date for applications: Sunday20th August 2017 11:45 pm
Interview date: 21st September 2017 *Please highlight in your application if you are unable to attend on this date*
External Candidate Information
- Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
- Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
- We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisation’s, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.
CQC are currently not able to accept applications from anyone requiring Tier 2 sponsorship because there are currently no Tier 2 vacancies.
Download Full Job Description
|Job Profile document||Download|