You are here
Jobs at CQC
Senior Analysts (Quantitative Analysis)
|Salary||£29,725 (National), £34,407 (London)|
|Directorate||Strategy & Intelligence|
|Hours of Work||37|
Senior Analyst (Quantitative Analysis)
Grade C- £29,725 (National), £34,407 (London)
(Office based in either: London, Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham, Preston, Nottingham or Bristol)
Permanent and fixed term/secondment opportunities available across our Intelligence teams
Here at CQC, we make sure health and social care services provide people with effective, compassionate and high quality care and encourage services to make improvements. We monitor, inspect and regulate services to ensure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find to help people choose care. Join our committed team to help us deliver our strategic objectives and our vision for the future of quality regulation.
You’ll have proven qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. You will be able to back up analytical findings with a clear rationale and be able to carry out analytical work to a consistent standard. You will have the ability to communicate complex concepts and information clearly to a wide variety of audiences. You’ll be able to identify information requirements and manage both qualitative and quantitative data from a variety of sources, as well as identifying information that is of greatest value to the organisation and how it should be used. You must be able to use your initiative to think creatively in order to improve how information analysis is used in our regulatory activity and be confident to challenge current processes. Experiences of working in multi-disciplinary teams, as well as the ability to work alone are essential skills for this role, as is displaying conviction in what the team is trying to achieve. A background in healthcare data analytics is preferred but not essential.
About the roles
We have a number of Senior Analyst vacancies across a number of different teams within our Intelligence function – further detailed information can be found in the attachment Quantative Recruitment additional information and you are able to select a preference of team when applying. A summary of those teams is as follows:
- Provider Analytics Hospitals – Acute Insight (Permanent)
- Provider Analytics Hospitals - Independent Health Analytical Team (fixed term contract 31 March 2019)
Provider Analytics Hospitals - Inspection Analytics Mental Health (18 months fixed term contract)
- Provider Analytics Hospitals - Inspection Analytics (acute, ambulance & community) Team (Permanent)
- Provider Analytics Hospitals - MH, LD, Community Insight - (Permanent)
- Provider Analytics PMS/ASC - ASC Insight and Inspection evidence and analysis teams (x2 fixed term contracts until 31 March 2019)
- National Analytics, National Analysis Team (1x fixed term contract until 30 September 2018)
- Provider Analytics PMS/ASC – PMS Insight (Permanent)
- National Analytics – National Reporting Team (fixed term contract until 31st March 2018)
- National Analytics – Thematic Team x2 posts (Permanent)
Closing date 28th August at 11.45pm
Please ensure you have your line manager’s permission to apply for secondments before submitting an application for this role.
Interviews are expected to take place w/c 11th September (London) and 18th September (Leeds) – please advise on your application if you are not available during this time.
External Candidate Information
• Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
• Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
• We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisations, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.
CQC are currently not able to accept applications from anyone requiring Tier 2 sponsorship because there are currently no Tier 2 vacancies
Download Full Job Description
|Job Profile document||Download|