You are here
Vacancy for National Professional Advisor – Mental Health Forensic Services
|Salary||Attractive salary aligned to professional experience|
|Function||Hospitals – Inspection|
|Job Type||Fixed Term|
|Hours of Work||Half a day per week|
National Professional Advisor – Mental Health Forensic Services
Salary: Attractive salary aligned to professional experience
Contract: 12 Months Secondment Opportunity – 0.1 FTE
CQC is an independent regulator of health and social care in England. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve. We monitor, inspect and regulate services to ensure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find to help people choose care. CQC is committed to and supports the values that underpin the very foundation of who we are:
- Excellence - Being a high-performing organization
- Caring - Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Integrity - Doing the right thing
- Teamwork - Learning from each other to be the best we can
CQC is dedicated to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role; through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from discrimination.
Our specific purpose of developing a new model of inspection is to make sure all services provide all people with safe, effective, compassionate, high quality care, and to encourage services to improve. We will do this by:
- Adopting a risk based approach to inspection which includes responding to concerns, and taking enforcement action when providers breach fundamental standards
- Working with our partners to share knowledge, information, and findings from our inspection activity which will encourage improvement
- Having a robust registration process for all health and care providers
- Having an authoritative voice commenting on the quality of health and care services where we think we will have the biggest impact using a themed approach
- Developing an approach for the regulation of integrated care
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a credible and experienced clinician to work with us as we develop our methodology for assessing the quality of services within forensic and high secure healthcare settings. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for you to work with colleagues and drive our ambition to foster improvement in care throughout our regulated community.
The role of the NPA will be to work with colleagues in refining our methodology, providing support to the regional inspection teams and liaising with the forensic and high secure provider community. You will be available to offer expert opinion and act as a resource across the hospitals directorate on a wide range of issues relating to the assessment of forensic and high secure providers.
Working with the Deputy Chief Inspector, the post holder will lead and drive the regulatory model for Hospitals in England, and lead stakeholder involvement with external organisations relevant to the sector.
You should have current experience of working at a senior level within forensic health services and be recognised as a credible and respected clinician.
This is a great opportunity for someone to influence how CQC inspects and rates forensic and high secure healthcare providers as well as playing a key role in driving improvement across the sector.
Closing date is 11.45pm on Thursday 15th November 2018
External Candidate Information
- Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
- Please also provide a brief written description of why you are interested in this role and what you can offer.
Job DescriptionThere is no information to display under this section.
Download Full Job Description
|Job Profile document||Download|