You are here
Jobs at CQC
Manager of Market Oversight
|Salary||£54,648 - £58,758|
|Directorate||Adult Social Care|
|Function||Adult Social Care|
|Hours of Work||37|
Care Quality Commission
Manager of Market Oversight
£54,648 - £58,758
Care to make this role your own?
The Manager of Market Oversight is an important member of the Market Oversight team within the Adult Social Care Directorate of the Care Quality Commission, the independent public sector regulator of health and social care services in England. Market Oversight tracks the sustainability of the largest care home and home care providers in England, which collectively account for over £6 billion in annual turnover and one-third of the market (over 100,000 beds and 2m hours of weekly home care).
The successful Manager candidate will combine financial and business analytical acumen with relationship management / executive engagement capacity. Reporting directly to a Head of Market Oversight, the Manager position is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in monitoring the financial health of England’s most important providers, bringing to bear a private sector commercial discipline in the public interest. You will assume a varied and vital remit which involves liaising and building relationships with decision makers leading a wide range of well-known corporate and charitable care organisations. Moreover, the successful candidate will also contribute to CQC’s growing profile within Government and role in shaping public policy as the independent voice of the health and social care sector.
You should be qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent) with
- 4 years + work experience in accounting / finance
- Strong IT and data manipulation skills
- Experience in restructuring / insolvency
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of the health care and adult social care sector market is preferable.
Closing date: 31st August 2017 at 23.45pm
Interview date: To be confirmed
External Candidate Information
• Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
• Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
• We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisations, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.
Download Full Job Description
|Job Profile document||Download|