You are here
Vacancy for Inspection Manager (Enforcement)
|Salary||Grade A - £49,966 National or £54,695 London|
|Function||Hospitals – Inspection|
|Hours of Work||37|
Inspection Manager (Enforcement)
Salary: Grade A - £49,966 (National) or £54,695 (London – If Applicable)
Location: National (Home Based)
Contract: 1x Full Time Permanent
CQC is an independent regulator of health and social care in England. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve. We monitor, inspect and regulate services to ensure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find to help people choose care. CQC is committed to and supports the values that underpin the very foundation of who we are:
- Excellence - Being a high-performing organization
- Caring - Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Integrity - Doing the right thing
- Teamwork - Learning from each other to be the best we can
CQC is dedicated to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role; through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from discrimination.
CQC additionally offer an excellent benefits package of 27+ days annual leave (increasing with years of service) and bank holidays, NHS pension scheme, NHS fleet hire, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers, employee support package and an employee discount scheme. CQC also offers an excellent flexible working policy and reimburse any travel and accommodation undertaken for CQC. Lastly, for our inspectorate staff, CQC offer a home working allowance covering telephone and broadband, car user allowance, home office equipment and technology in line with our homeworking policy.
For further information, please see: https://www.cqc.org.uk/jobs-cqc
About the Role
We are looking for an Inspection Manager (Enforcement) to join within the Hospital Directorate. You will lead a small team of Inspectors (Enforcement) deployed in a specialist function across the directorate.
The enforcement team provide support, guidance and training for operational teams nationally across NHS and independent sectors and within both mental health and acute services. The manager also provides bespoke enforcement advice, will contribute to national enforcement developments, and oversee a programme of inspection activity undertaken by the team in support of regional inspection teams.
CQC enforcement activity is broad covering both civil and criminal powers. You will have knowledge and experience of taking enforcement action and an understanding of the powers CQC has at its disposal.
To succeed you’ll need experience of managing and leading a team portfolio and allocating work effectively. It is key that you have a comprehensive knowledge of CQC’s enforcement processes, and the legislation and powers under which CQC operates.
Most of all you’ll be enthusiastic, motivated and willing to lead a team by example in the achievement of personal, team and national goals.
Once shortlisted, successful applicants will need to attend an assessment centre which will include a number of exercises and a final interview.
Closing date: 11.45pm on Sunday 19th August 2018
External Candidate Information
- Please provide referee details for a full 3-year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
- Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
- We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisations, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.
CQC are currently not able to accept applications from anyone requiring Tier 2 sponsorship because there are currently no Tier 2 vacancies.
Job DescriptionThere is no information to display under this section.
Download Full Job Description
|Job Profile document||Download|